Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shopping and shooting (photos)

I took a short shopping trip to Stratford today and spent some time down by the Avon watching June K. as she had her daily visit with the swans, ducks and geese.  June is a volunteer and knows endless interesting facts about the swans and their lineage.  


Charlie is 29 (seriously - 29!!) and is the boss of the east end of the waterway.

Nelson (below) is normally to the west of the Patterson bridge but ventured into Charlie's territory today - luckily he headed back home before any problems arose.

On the way home I stopped in Tavistock to take this shot of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church.

It was a successful shopping and shooting day.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea swans could get that old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't got used to white swans. They are fairy tale material in my head. I know I am wrong but my heart still says 'but swans are black'. These were wonderful photos, thank you. I loved the church and its old (very old?) tombstones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice photos, Elaine. Swan photo rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elaine-
    Did you buy something pretty?

    The swan is so beautiful and so is the church!! I love that your camera goes with you everywhere you go!!

    Love
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    I stumbled upon your blog and I am so happy that I did!!

    Your photos are simply beautiful...the swans are lovely and that church is awesome!!!!

    I will be back!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete