Thursday, September 5, 2013

Gros Morne and area, part 2

On Sunday, August 18th, we left Rocky Harbour and headed south again - our destination was Woody Point.  It was a beautiful morning.  


I don't think photos can really do justice to the views of the Tablelands Mountains peeking over the rise.  You need to see it for yourself sometime.  The new header on this blog is a shot I took on route to Woody Point.


I like the stark simplicity and dignity of the War Memorial.


Writers at Woody Point, a literary festival, celebrated its 10th season this year and we had tickets to an event featuring writers Greg Malone, Elizabeth de Mariaffi and singer Katie Baggs.  The first thing I was struck by when I entered the Heritage Theatre was this painting of Gordon Pinsent by Canadian artist, Jim Bourke.  Gordie looks like he's about to start chatting with you!

To be honest most of my photos during the event really sucked as I don't like to use flash photography when it might distract speakers and performers, so I won't post them here.  But I do like this one of festival Executive Director, Gary Noel and the lovely singer, Katie Baggs.  Katie has the voice of an angel.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo - and if that doesn't do the scene justice it must be a complete treat each and every time you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip must have been so wonderful--- beautiful scenery and some really good times!!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete