Saturday, May 7, 2016

Saturday in the Park

It was a lovely morning for a visit to Southside Park.  I was hoping to see if the pair of swans had set up a nest but there was no visible sign of one.  I was also hoping to see Barn Swallows that nest under the Parkinson Street bridge - and I was in luck.

This little one was giving me a good stare down.




I was lucky enough to see a Belted Kingfisher as well and, unlike most encounters I've had with these birds, it stayed in one place long enough for me to take a few shots.  Here's one -


A good way to start the weekend!





2 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful. And a most excellent start to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our barn swallows returned on May 6. They always come back the same week each year even though the tree swallows were early. They are busy looking for a nesting spot. We have one pair, just like each year. I've heard they return to the same area year after year, but I wonder where the offspring go. - Margy

    ReplyDelete