Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Up She Rises

Sitting on the sidelines during a jam at my brother Rob's house in Outer Cove, Newfoundland last August I recorded a few sound clips on my iPod Touch with iTalk. Kevin Hartley (lead vocals) added this video file and posted it to YouTube - here are the boys doing "Up She Rises", a Bob Porter tune.

.

A shot of some of the guys as they were playing.  Far left on guitar is the vocalist Kevin Hartley and next to him in the white shirt is my brother Rob sitting on and playing a cajon (drum box).



9 comments:

  1. FABULOUS - what fun is THIS!!!! Thanks for posting it - Happy Wednesday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your video and the song is perfect. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanne - I can't take credit for the video, that comes from Kevin's archives but it certainly fits well with the song.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful start to my day...thank you so much for posting this. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Delores! This group of friends has been playing together in varying numbers for close to 20 years - the one constant is that they ALWAYS have a fun and make good music.

      Delete
  4. Lovely video! I have never heard this song before. It was very fun!

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could spend an entire evening with these guys-- love their music:)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vicki! If you ever come across Murdoch Mysteries on Netflix, Constable Crabtree is played by Jonny Harris and he used to jam with Rob and his friends. As you can see in the photo the main floor of my brother's house is quite open and it's a great space for making music.

      Delete