Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A sunset surprise

The last time I visited Corner Brook I noticed a small parking lot on Harbour Drive that seemed to be a popular spot to watch the sunset.  Harbour Drive also has probably the longest flat stretch of sidewalk in this, my favorite hilly city, so lots of people park here to get out and stretch their legs.

So, cousin Deborah and I stopped by one clear evening to see if nature would provide a show.  We were in luck.

Going....


going....


gone!


And for an extra measure of fun, there was an Osprey fishing for dinner.  This shot is really only good for identification purposes but I was pleased to catch it anyway.



7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Exactly what we were thinking when we were there!

      Delete
  2. Luck was certainly with you that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cousin has been back a few more evenings since then and has watched the opsrey fishing again.

      Delete
  3. So very beautiful--the osprey show was a beautiful gift for your evening.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete