Sunday, April 15, 2012

Stratford is open for previews!

Preview performances started this past week at the Stratford Shakespeare Festival  and there's something on the playbill for everyone.

This is the 60th season for the Festival and Opening Week starts on Monday, May 28th.

In the meantime, we went to Stratford for a drive yesterday because I wanted to take a photo of the bear at Rocky Mountain Chocolate - I was pretty sure he'd be dressed appropriately for the new theatre season.  And he was.  Dressed as pirate to pay homage to the fact that The Pirates of Penzance is on the playbill this year.  Isn't he handsome?

We stopped at Foster's Inn where Geoff had his favorite veggie burger and I had a latte and a lemon tart.  The tart was amazing.  Thanks Terri for the great service!
More sights from our drive.




5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun festival. Every time I hear "The Pirates of Penzance" I think of the line in the movie Pretty Woman. It has been on TV this week. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The festival sounds like a lot of fun! We're fortunate to have Shakespeare in the Park here in New York City. Your tart looks to die for. Did you lick the plate? I would've done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi bccmee! I managed to keep my dignity - I did not lick the plate, but it was very tempting. Yummylicious!

      Delete
  3. I LOVED that bear. An enchantment. Thank you for taking the trip to show him to us. The tart looked pretty incredible too.

    Can you tell me more about the last photo? I really like the combination of stone and wood. A barn? With windows? I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elephant’s Child! It’s a drive-by shot but, from what I could tell, it is a functioning barn – not sure why there are windows in the foundation. The combination of the stone and wood really appealed to me as well – both have a lovely patina.

      Delete