Thursday, September 1, 2011

On the Road Again

My theory is that my vacations always come at just the right time, at the precise moment that I need a break. My theory was formulated when, at the ripe old age of 21 and working in my first office job, a caller told me - in no uncertain terms - that I should "get another f@%*ing job". I had sense enough to not take ownership of the problem he had with the government department he was trying to reach. As luck should have it, I was starting my vacation the very next day - my first trip to the UK. I returned refreshed and invigorated three weeks later with about 10 rolls of film to process.

As I write this I have "two sleeps" left before I head to the east coast - first to Nova Scotia to visit family in the Halifax area and then a road trip and some hiking and photos along the Cabot Trail.

View Larger Map

Then we'll travel via Marine Atlantic to Newfoundland, my birthplace, to visit more family and more hiking and photos.

View Larger Map

I hope you'll pop by from time to time to see what we've been up to.

3 comments:

  1. Due to family commitments we never made it back to Newfoundland. We hope to make the trip again someday. We loved it there so much. Have fun. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great ttrip. I will be with you in spirit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a fantastic trip! The weather here in Cape Breton has been fantastic...hope it stays that way for you!

    ReplyDelete