Wednesday, May 12, 2010

An after dinner treat

It started out being a fairly typical walk. Nice, early evening dappled light.
Then I rounded the corner from the wood side of the trail to the water side and there it was. Casual as could be. Totally ignoring me, even after it saw me. A (pardon the language)big ass Beaver. Yes the good old Canadian Beaver.
And while I was standing there, watching it preen and relax and continue to ignore me, I met a fellow Newfoundland native. He was just as chuffed as I was to see this really (seriously, REALLY) big member of the rodent family.



And from the unbelieveable to the seasonal and expected - a family of Canada Geese in the distance.

10 comments:

  1. Eileen, how wonderful. What beautiful photos of a beautiful creature. And the Canada geese are lovely, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd sure love to go walking in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pauline - No, I don't think you've ever called me Eileen by mistake before so no need to panic. Hope you're having a great day! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always feel like I've had a deep, refreshing, breath of air after visiting here. Thank you.

    How special is your time with the beaver? I always feel blessed in those moments that are so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. reached your excellent pictures today,will regularly follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm appreciate your writing style.Please keep on working hard.^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent photos Elaine. I discovered a large beaver dam near here but have never seen the beaver responsible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible beauty...you are a blessed woman. :)

    Fair Winds and Calm Seas,
    Deborah Leon
    www.mermaidspurseseaglass.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Elaine, he (she?) is sooo cute. Love the honks, honks, too.

    Great shots. Gray is a beaut, too. I have been missing him.

    ReplyDelete