Monday, September 14, 2009

Tonight on the trail - My World Tuesday

I can't believe how bad the mosquitos were tonight but, that being said, it was still a great evening for a walk.

The angle of the light at 5:45pm was lovely.



This is the first time I've seen a turtle on this trail.



Leaves are starting turn.




Chicory.


A fleeting glimpse of a Great Blue Heron.



These pretty white blooms were a mystery to me but now I have it on pretty good authority that they are calico asters. Thanks Deborah!


You've just visited the Youth Start Trail in Woodstock, Ontario, Canada. Please drop by That's My World to see more of the world!

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to walk! And your photos are marvelous! Love the turtle and lovely flowers! Thanks for taking us along!

    Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those asters are gorgeous. That heron, amazing. Such peace and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that evening light, even if you have to share it with mosquitoes. I love that fleeting glimpse of the heron and your lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful pictures. They make want to go an a nature walk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful walk, and I didn't mind the mosquitoes at all. Loved the turtle shot - he looks inquisitive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photographs are beautiful. The header photo reminds me of some places in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great walk. I usually see the GB Blues flying away too. Beautiful trail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place for a walk. that first picture is so inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tour and photos.. Love your country.. except the mosquitoes and black flys

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to take Lindsay for a run down the path in that top photo. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful photos Elaine! Nice catch on the Heron! The last picture is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey cousin. More beautiful pictures. Love the first one...and the turtle. I think the flowers might be calico asters. I look forward to walking that trail with you some day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful relaxing photos. I'll bet you are going to have some fantastic fall photos for us. Glad you captured the heron. They are pretty quick around here.

    Tell Geoff I have heard of clocks in horse's stomachs and clocks in Buddha's stomachs, but I have never heard of a clock in a cat's stomach. Well, that photo of Gray is more of a clock in a cat's body. Just a head and a tail of a cat.

    ReplyDelete