Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday afternoon photo shoot

Today we decided to head towards Stratford for our Sunday afternoon drive. Just as we were getting in our car to leave our neighbour Stan was on a recovery mission. Stan and Jean's dog Spence had made a break for it and tore down the sidewalk to the corner to pee on a favorite tree.

Spence was pretty satisfied with himself but he went home willingly. This little place on the rise in the photo is Fairview. A very appropriate name I think.

When we got to Stratford we popped into Rocky Mountain Chocolate. Rocky the bear is dressed as Julius Caesar to honour the Stratford Shakespeare Festival's production of the same name. The customer lurking by the ice cream coolers in the background is my better half.
This clematis was in bloom just around the corner from the shop.
And, finally, as we were leaving Stratford I captured this drive-by shot. I've done a little work on it in Photoshop but there's still a bit of car window glare.







4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your afternoon drive pics! That last one is really cute - the fence posts kind of resemble people! And I would love to see more of the adventures of Spence - the Runaway Dog!

    Mmmmm Rocky Mountain chocolates - haven't had any for awhile, but I love their ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Rocky Mountain Bear has eaten too much icecream. His toga looks a little tight around the middle. Very regal though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your afternoon outing with us. That road shot is awesome. And I love the bear. Is there Cleopatra bear?

    ReplyDelete