Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You just never know

You just never know what a day might bring. I spent the better part of the day in a work-related meeting and yet many good things happened as a result. I saw co-workers I only see once a month so it was a chance to catch up a bit. The meeting ended nice and early, so everyone got to leave at a reasonable time. And the icing on the cake for me: it was a beautiful sunny day and I took "drive-by" shots while Anne was driving us to and from the meeting.
My favorite bee hives near Thamesford.

Getting the fields ready on the same farm.

After supper I decided I'd better take photos of my lilac, last year I left it a day too long and the bloom was gone off the rose when I wanted to take my shots. Right now the blooms are just starting to open.It looks quite nice in the evening sun through the diningroom window.

This sparrow was busy giving another a lecture while I was standing close by. All in all, a pretty good day.

1 comment:

  1. The photo of your farm looks like my photo I took here :-) the farmers here are getting ready also to plant their vegetables. Oh I like your lilac, I haven't seen one here yet.

    ReplyDelete