Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dove update etc.

For the record, we refer to our resident Mourning Doves as June and Ward (Cleaver). At this point these two (eating God knows what in the neighbour's driveway) have been building their nest above our front door for a week. Shortly after I took this photo it started to snow so I'm hoping I won't find eggs in the nest yet for awhile.
While they were eating in the driveway, the little guy below was apparently still finding nuts he'd stashed last fall. Geoff refers to squirrels as "rodents with good PR". I like them more than he does.....

4 comments:

  1. I've seen white squirrels and black ones, but never a solid black skunk.Cute!
    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever seen a solid black squirrel! Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope he can find things better than I can I could loose a sheet of paper in an empty room

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don, too funny - I like the empty room reference. I lose things because I never have an empty room- waaaay too much stuff.

    ReplyDelete