Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Looking back to November 2006

Taking a page from my cousin, Sara's book, I've been looking back through some photographs I took before I started blogging.
Each fall, sometime around my birthday, I take a day off work and treat myself to a day in Stratford. I take my time driving up and stop to take photos like the one above of a barn in the fog on Highway 59. It's at a time when the Festival has just wrapped for the season and the City is letting it's breath out a wee bit after all the commotion. I love to putter in and out of the shops:
Rheo Thompson Candies where I'm gently assaulted by the smell of Mint Smoothies when I walk in the door, Bradshaws where I can window shop or buy a gadget for Chef Geoff for his kitchen.
It's such a different pace from when Geoff and I are there Opening Week at the end of May. Then, I accompany him while he reviews up to 7 shows in 6 days, more about that in a few months....

I even love the sounds of fall - these leaves as they rustled against the concrete foundation. Right now, I'd trade the sound of snowblowers for some rustling leaves.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rheo Thompson's caramels. It must be in the genes.

    ReplyDelete